1. To promote a greater
fraternal relationship among graduates of technical and professional police schools.
2. To promote higher standards of educational
attainment among peace officers.
3. To promote the institution of courses of
police science by recognized colleges and universities.
4. To promote research projects in the field
of police science.
5. To promote a better
understanding by the public of the aims and ideals of peace officer organizations.
6. To promote the selection of properly trained
personnel for law enforcement positions.
7. To promote standard modern methods in the field
of law enforcement.
8. To promote unity of action among law enforcement agencies.